Shrimp is by far the single most consumed seafood in the world
According to the National Marine Fisheries Service, the world consumes approximately 9 billion pounds of shrimp annually, with about 1.7 billion pounds consumed in the United Sates alone. Approximately 45% of the global supply of shrimp is caught by ocean trawlers while the other 55% is produced by open air shrimp farms, mostly in third world countries.
Explosive Growth in the Number of People on Earth.
- The United Nations estimates that there will be close to 9.3 billion people on our planet by the year 2050.
- An additional 2.3 billion people; an increase of +32% from today’s numbers.
People Are Eating More Seafood
- Average seafood consumption has more than doubled since the 1960’s.
- Shrimp / Fish are the most efficient producers of protein and have the highest feed conversion ratio.
- Aquaculture has increased significantly to meet the additional demand for seafood protein.
NaturalShrimp plans to develop joint ventures with others as we increase our shrimp production in the San Antonio area and as we expand to other locations throughout the United States and beyond.
The map shows where we intend to build regional production center sites throughout the United States. Potential cities include Seattle, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Denver, New York City, Minneapolis, Chicago, San Antonio, Birmingham, Charleston.